Wednesday, April 27, 2016

BE YOU TIFUL ACTIVTY

BEAUTIFUL YOU ACTIVITY DAYS LESSON


A few years ago I had planned out a full year of Activities for my Activity Days group.  
I had one in mind that was simple and talked about how to love yourself and be thankful for who you are.
  
I have these darling printables below to go along with this activity.  I created 3 different styles of this saying so that the girls could choose what they like the best.  I would have a few copies of each on hand.  You can purchase the 3 different styles for only 99 cents a piece, then format them on your computer to copy as many of each of them as you would like.  This would actually be a darling printout to frame for a girls bedroom or even put a magnet on the backside for older girls in Young Women's to hang in their lockers at school! 


Anyways, back to the activity.  

It happened that a few weeks before I had this Activity, my Mother came to stay with me for a while.  She was getting sick and our family wasn't sure what was going on.  
Long story short, she was there for the activity.  
She unfortunately died just 2 months later from a very aggressive form of Brain Cancer.  

Looking back, I was so glad I took a few pictures and had her join us for this simple activity.  
When I think back at what she was able to say to the girls in a few fun and upbeat words, reminds me so much of how she felt about life and loving ourselves.  

She taught me how to have self esteem and more importantly, she taught me that my self worth comes only from knowing that my Heavenly Father and Mother love me.  This drawing below is so silly.  We didn't know it at the time, but she had very limited brain function on her frontal lobe, so this quite drawing and few sentences is one of the last things she wrote down before going downhill very quickly.





Here is what we did for this activity.


The girls arrived and came in to sit at the table.  We said a prayer and I handed a blank piece of paper to each of them.  I had dollar store water color pallets and brushes set out for them.  I also had cups with water and paper towels near by.  

I told them to paint a self portrait.  A simple self portrait.  They had a fun time doing them.  
As they painted, we talked about the importance of knowing how Lucky we are to have been born on this earth and to know the plan of salvation and that we were created to become goddesses in the hereafter.  We talked about how important it is for each of us to celebrate who we are and the unique characteristics we have.
I had them write a few things they liked about themselves on another piece of paper.  I was lucky to have my daughter in my Activity Days group for a few months.  This is her cute portrait below with what she said about herself.






There is a great General Conference talk by Elder Uchtdorf that goes well with this lesson of the worth of souls.  If you click on the link below it will take you to LDS.ORG where you can even have the girls watch part or all of the talk, or print a copy of the talk to read excerpts of it to the girls during your activity.

To read/print/watch the talk:

I also found this image online on google somewhere.  I thought it was beautiful.  
I love these words from Elder Uchtdorf! 





Here are some of the other girls below.  
I took a photo of each of them with their portrait, so they could remember this day.  Look at the sparkle in their eyes.  
They left this activity full of self worth and knowing they are loved by one another and by me.


   




 Thanks for stopping by!

Love,
Candy













No comments:

Post a Comment